According to Inc.com, saving money is one of the top 5 most popular resolutions made while also being the one that is most commonly failed. While we are unable to help you with your urge to go on shopping sprees and spend money, we can help you easily save money on at least your energy and water bill this year!
- If you are able to financial, make sure your home is equipped with energy efficient appliances because some laundry machines use as much as 33% less water and 25% less energy.
- When doing laundry or dishes, adjust your settings to use less water for the small amount of items you put in or only start your load when it is completely full.
- If you don’t have a dishwasher, make sure to fill up your sink before washing dishes instead of having the faucet continually running.
- Plan your meals ahead of time so you are able to thaw food in the refrigerator instead of using warm water.
- You might not believe it but just by turning off the water while you brush your teeth can save you up to 3,000 gallons.
- Fix any leaky faucets because at only 20 drops per minute, you will be losing one whole gallon of water a day.
- Last is something that we all know, but hate to follow through with. Taking shorter showers. If you shorten your shower by 5 to 10 minutes you could save an average of 12.5 gallons of water.